The 23-year-old has long been a reported target of Pep Guardiola and City. With the club heavily linked with several defenders this summer, City has not shown any genuine interest Dias.
The Citizens have been trying to sign Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli for much of the transfer window. It’s been a hard fight, with the Serie A club’s president wanting a huge fee and being unrealistic regarding his prospects of getting it.
Pep Guardiola’s side appear to have been priced out of a move for the Senegal international and are now reportedly ready to make a move for Portuguese international Dias, who could cost around €55million (£50m/$64m).
➽ ‘Kompany’s long term replacement’ – Fans react to reports the club is set complete the signing of La Liga CB
➽ ‘If they get him, we’re done’ – Fans reacts as Liverpool ‘actively trying to sign’ Man City defensive target
➽ ‘The perfect 1, Get him!’ – Fans reacts as Man City identify ‘dream signing’ after withdrawing interest in Koulibaly
➽ ‘Might be Delap’s biggest chance’ – Man City fans react as Gabriel Jesus ruled out ‘for a few weeks’
➽ Manchester City seek deadline extension to sign La Liga defender despite €85m Bid rejected – Reports
According to Fabrizio Romano, Rubén Dias is set to agree personal terms with City, including a contract until June 2025.
The reports adds that although Ruben Dias could play for Benfica in their Primeira Liga fixture on Saturday, he could also travel to Manchester to complete the formalities of a transfer on Sunday.
Dias – contracted to the Eagles until the summer of 2024 – has already turned out for his current side on two occasions during the 2020-21 campaign.
City are also interested in Sevilla’s France Under-21 international Jules Kounde, while Atletico Madrid’s Jose Gimenez is also under consideration, though City have rejected reports from Spain that they have made a bid for the 25-year-old Uruguayan.
Follow Us on Social media:
- Galatasaray considering shock January swoop for Man City summer signing and more transfer rumours
- Pundit says Pep Guardiola has been talking ‘rubbish’ about one Man City player
- ‘I really want to’… Mathҽus Nunes names Man City teammates hҽ tries to learn from
- Man City eyeing summer move for unhappy Saudi Pro League star and more transfer rumours
- Man City in advanced talks with MLS club over goalkeeper exit
- Paul Merson predicts who will win – Manchester City or Luton Town
- ‘We needed a shake’ – Guardiola warns Man City needed reality chҽck of winless run but rejects Gary Neville’s ‘complacency’ claim