Erling Haaland has rewritten the Premier League record books with his blistering debut season for Manchester City, but still has time to add two more records to his name in the final league game at Brentford.
Though goals are Erling Haaland’s forte, he has also dished out the odd assist, taking his goal involvement tally to a highly respectable 44.
With 36 goals and eight assists, Haaland needs just one more goal contribution to register the most overall involvements in a single Premier League season. He is currently level with Thierry Henry’s 44 from 2002/03.
The new kid on the block will want to leave the Frenchman in the dust by surpassing it in City’s finale at Brentford. If Haaland scores one more goal, he will take that record.
And also another if it happens to be assisted by Kevin De Bruyne. The Belgian has set up his strike partner nine times this season, and no player has set up the same teammate to score ten in a season before.
The pair are currently level with Heung-min Son and Harry Kane (20/21), Laurent Robert and Alan Shearer (01/02), Stan Collymore and Robbie Fowler (95/96), and Fowler again 1994/95 with assists by Steve McManaman.
Should De Bruyne register two assists at Brentford, he will equal his 2020 tally of 20, which remains level with Henry for total assists in a season. One more, and he will hold the record outright.
And should De Bruyne and Haaland combine for three goals, however unlikely, they will equal Kane and Son’s record for most goals scored by the same scorer and assister, regardless of who scores.
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘Make them stronger’: Pundit tells Liverpool to raid Manchester City for £150,000-a-week player
- ‘Say no’ – Man City boss Pep Guardiola says players should take action over mounting fixture lists
- Pep Guardiola tells Jack Grealish he faces challenge to keep his Man City place
- Pep Guardiola issue injury update on three Man City players
- Micah Richards outlines how ‘outstanding’ Man City player’s development might be at risk
- ‘Should win this one’ – Paul Merson now makes Manchester City vs Wolves score prediction
- De Bruyne, Stones, Bernardo – Man City injury news and return dates ahead of Wolves clash