The 23-year-old Manchester City forward, who is valued at around €50 million, has been in sensational form in the ongoing season.
Despite not being the preferred choice under Guardiola, the former River Plate forward has managed to produce the goods whenever asked to step on the pitch.
His performances have attracted the attention of quite a few clubs and there could be a bidding war for his services in the summer.
German journalist Christian Falk claimed last night on Twitter that Bayern Munich have set their sights on Alvarez and have the Manchester City striker on their transfer list.
Florian Plettenburg of Sky Germany has also stated Bayern Munich have enquired about Julian Alvarez as he is not a regular starter at Man City. His future is ‘uncertain’, despite being contracted until 2028.
The report was shared on Twitter by City Xtra and it attracted plenty of attention from the club’s supporters.
@JoelM87464696: “All these rumours for him when he’s just signed a new contract till 2028”
@De17Bruyne: “He literally signed a contract extension already lol these ‘journalists’ are hilarious”
@MThomas61: “Absolutely no chance”
@HoodieFoden: “Ain’t happening”
@mancitybongo: “He’s untouchable…”
@McfcChriss: “They can keep dreaming.”
@ManCitty9320: “Well the player may be tempted to leave to play regularly but City can ask for 150M at least”
@shane_mcfc: “So funny how people really think they have a chance at getting him, it was his first season under Pep I wouldn’t be surprised if his game time nearly doubles next season”
Follow Us on Social media:
- Man City charged by FA over players’ behaviour in Tottenham draw – as Erling Haaland learns fate
- ‘We are in big trouble’, ‘Huge blow!’ – Man City fans react to Jeremy Doku injury news
- Former referee offers verdict on controversial decision in Man City vs Tottenham
- ‘Absolute Joke’ – Man City fans react as Premier League make decision on referee Simon Hooper after costly blunder
- Could Erling Haaland face FA action for his furious outburst at Simon Hooper?
- ‘Lately we are struggling’ – Pep Guardiola gives honest verdict on Manchester City struggle
- Man City dealt double blow ahead of Aston Villa clash as Pep Guardiola makes ‘struggling’ admission