Manchester City fans have been reacting to a post on Twitter which relays a report that claims the Premier League champions are interested in signing Joshua Kimmich, and want to use Joao Cancelo as a makeweight in the deal
Cancelo is currently on loan at Bayern Munich and has made 20 appearances for the German club since arriving in January.
The 29-year-old was previously a key player for City but fell out of favour with Pep Guardiola. Although he has four years remaining on his contract, it seems unlikely that Cancelo will have a long-term future at the Etihad Stadium.
Bayern have an option to sign Cancelo permanently for £62m but they are not likely to exercise it, which could open the door for other options.
With little prospect of him returning to the Premier League outfit, 90Min are reporting that he could be used as a makeweight in a deal to bring Joshua Kimmich to the Etihad Stadium.
They report that top clubs have been made aware that he could be looking for a new challenge, and with Cancelo having settled in Bavaria, Guardiola could play his trump card.
As per the report, City believe Kimmich would seamlessly slot into their midfield and have outlined a deal which could see Cancelo join Bayern permanently.
The report shared on Twitter gathered a number of replies from a wide range of Man City supporters.
@nyakno0: “I just pray this works outt!!!.”
@BAROUSOLOS: “I genuinely hope this turns out real, we’d be unstoppable”
@WarrenB04617988: “Class player will it happen? No”
@MCFCTone: “Don’t see this at all. Bayern May be a mess right now but they’re no idiots.”
@TheFPLReports: “It would be amazing. Just don’t see it happening. Although if he wanted to leave after losing out on title I’d say we have most chance and have Cancelo as a pawn in the deal.”
Follow Us on Social media:
- (Need an FWB?) 10 most readily useful FWB web sites & Apps â DatingXP.co
- ‘Make them stronger’: Pundit tells Liverpool to raid Manchester City for £150,000-a-week player
- ‘Say no’ – Man City boss Pep Guardiola says players should take action over mounting fixture lists
- Pep Guardiola tells Jack Grealish he faces challenge to keep his Man City place
- Pep Guardiola issue injury update on three Man City players
- Micah Richards outlines how ‘outstanding’ Man City player’s development might be at risk
- ‘Should win this one’ – Paul Merson now makes Manchester City vs Wolves score prediction