Manchester City fans have been reacting to a post on Twitter which relays a report that claims the club could beat Arsenal, Newcastle United and Liverpool to the signing of the Celta de Vigo central midfielder.
Lauded as ‘amazing’ by Sport, the midfielder has scored nine goals and registered three assists from 25 league games this season, and as a result, many Premier league clubs are now interested in signing Veiga.
Over the weekend, AS reported that Manchester City, Arsenal, Newcastle United and Liverpool all are interested in signing Veiga from Celta in the summer transfer window.
The report in the Spanish news outlet claimed that Manchester City, Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool all are willing to pay the €40 million (£35 million) release clause of Veiga.
The journalist has claimed that as well as triggering the release clause in Veiga’s contract, City plan to offer him a five-year contract worth £60 million (£52.75 million).
Gomez have added that unless Real Madrid are willing to match that, the midfielder will go to City.
The report shared on Twitter gathered a number of replies from a wide range of Man City supporters.
— Twice John10 (@Teoh10John) March 28, 2023
@Raptorne: “That would be a MASSIVE signing. Real wants him this summer, so I don’t know if it will be easy to convince him.”
@Joejoejoe820: “If pep wants him get him.”
@Shaun7567: “Bring him to the Eithad.”
@wrjn25: “Just heard of him, but having known his name for a whole 32 seconds I can safely say he’s the next Andreas Iniesta 👍”
@AliG4803: “I haven’t seen heaps of him but he’s got a very good g+a output for a midfielder of his age. I’m trying to guess whether this would be a Bernardo or Gundogan replacement if it were to happen. Either way €40m in this market is a very good price..”
@UnMijis: “Most surely bs but this would be huge”
Follow Us on Social media:
- Man City charged by FA over players’ behaviour in Tottenham draw – as Erling Haaland learns fate
- ‘We are in big trouble’, ‘Huge blow!’ – Man City fans react to Jeremy Doku injury news
- Former referee offers verdict on controversial decision in Man City vs Tottenham
- ‘Absolute Joke’ – Man City fans react as Premier League make decision on referee Simon Hooper after costly blunder
- Could Erling Haaland face FA action for his furious outburst at Simon Hooper?
- ‘Lately we are struggling’ – Pep Guardiola gives honest verdict on Manchester City struggle
- Man City dealt double blow ahead of Aston Villa clash as Pep Guardiola makes ‘struggling’ admission