The 28-year-old has played a key role for Pep Guardiola’s side this term, making 28 appearances across all competitions.
The Dutchman was the subject of interest from former club Chelsea last summer, but ultimately stayed put in Manchester.
This season the defender’s versatility has been useful for Guardiola, with Ake often being used at left-back as well as in the centre of defence.
Ake’s current contract is due to expire in the summer of 2025, but Manchester City are said to be keen on extending his stay at the Etihad.
According to Football Insider, Citizens centre-back Nathan Ake is in line for a new deal, with the two parties in talks over an extension to his current deal.
The report was shared on Twitter by City Xtra and it attracted plenty of attention from the club’s supporters.
@IIM9320: “What a player!”
@_Manboy: “Well deserved!”
@SpartaHozee: “His performances of late, need to be rewarded.”
@Alvarez19SZN: “Can’t imagine that he was linked with an exit last summer. He is now our best defender this season.”
@a779457: “The turnaround for Ake has been fantastic. People questioning him in the first season – his fee etc, to then looking like he could be on his way to Chelsea and now he’s arguably one of our most important players. Superb player. Well deserved .”
@JRSmith89: “He has been one of our MVP’s this season. People criticize him going forward, but his defending and aerial ability is a huge asset. plus, he even was instrumental in a goal last week to all the haters lol. dude is a solid 7/10 every week minimum.”
Follow Us on Social media:
- Man City charged by FA over players’ behaviour in Tottenham draw – as Erling Haaland learns fate
- ‘We are in big trouble’, ‘Huge blow!’ – Man City fans react to Jeremy Doku injury news
- Former referee offers verdict on controversial decision in Man City vs Tottenham
- ‘Absolute Joke’ – Man City fans react as Premier League make decision on referee Simon Hooper after costly blunder
- Could Erling Haaland face FA action for his furious outburst at Simon Hooper?
- ‘Lately we are struggling’ – Pep Guardiola gives honest verdict on Manchester City struggle
- Man City dealt double blow ahead of Aston Villa clash as Pep Guardiola makes ‘struggling’ admission