Things were going swimmingly well for City during the first half against Villa with goals from Rodri, Ilkay Gundogan and Riyad Mahrez putting the home side up 3-0. However, during the break – despite having registered an assist for Gundogan’s goal – Haaland was taken off for Julian Alvarez, while Manuel Akanji also came on for Ruben Dias.
The exact extent of his injury is unclear but Sky Sport cameras caught the forward receiving treatment on the side of the pitch after colliding with Emi Martinez.
Speaking to reporters after the game, Guardiola confirmed: “Erling has a kick and we will assess in the next few days. If he’s not ready, we’ll play someone else… we will see.”
Gundogan, who saw his goal set up by Haaland in the first half before he was replaced, was full of praise for their star forward, hoping that he will be available for City against Arsenal.
“We know that Erling scored a lot of goals so far, but today in the first half he made the runs that we need,” he said on Sky Sports.
“He went into the areas where he can create space for the other players coming from the back, and he played well. Hopefully he is not too injured because we need him.”
With concern understandably rife in Manchester over his injury, Haaland has posted a message to his Instagram following City’s win over Unai Emery’s side. The caption read: “What a team performance! Fans were unreal, thanks for being our 12th man blue heart emoji #mancity.”
Follow Us on Social media:
- Meet compatible lovers who share your values & interests
- Meet new people and also make friends in our lesbian bisexual chat room
- 10 Attractive Dating Profile Examples For Men
- Find the perfect chat team for you
- Pep Guardiola has ‘hope’ over Man City star fitness ahead of Nottingham Forest
- Getting Laid in Bangkok – the best places to choose and Date Girls
- Exploring the pros and cons of interracial dating