The summer signing has made three successive starts since his £15million move from Borussia Dortmund, but this was his first appearance in domestic competition.
This physical side of the Premier League is an aspect of his new surroundings that the defender says he is already enjoying. “I felt good. The legs are a little bit tired after the game, but I am used to this in the Bundesliga,” Akanji told Mancity.com after the game.
“These games in the Premier League are more intense and more physical but I felt great. It felt great to be out there for 90 minutes.
“I think the early goal helped us, especially after the Champions League game that we had three days ago (against Borussia Dortmund) and gave us all confidence for the 90 minutes.
“With the second goal following we were pretty confident (of winning) and also the red card helped us.
“In the second half they tried again but we defended well, waited for our chance and took it really well so then the game was basically over. It wasn’t easy, but we got the three points.”
Akanji will now jet off to join his Swiss teammates for the forthcoming international break, in which his nation will take on the Czech Republic as well as Spain and his City teammate Rodri.
Follow Us on Social media:
- Find an ideal rich woman available on our dating site
- Jack Grealish pinpoints moment he felt he gained Pep Guardiola’s trust at Man City
- Meet singles in oxnard and discover your perfect match
- Meet compatible lovers who share your values & interests
- Meet new people and also make friends in our lesbian bisexual chat room
- 10 Attractive Dating Profile Examples For Men
- Find the perfect chat team for you