On October 3, 2021, City travelled to Anfield for gameweek seven of the Premier League. The Reds went into the match with a one-point advantage over their fierce rivals.
While it was still early on in the season, both teams knew the game was of paramount importance. And Pep Guardiola knew just how crucial it was.
His team-talk in the dressing room before the match has now been shown on Manchester City’s new documentary centered around the 2021/22 season, titled: ‘Together: Champions Again.’
“We finish a group of games that you were honestly and you know that in all games exceptional,” he said, per Manchester Evening News. “Today is a game like they demand for the way they play the maximum with the ball and without the ball.
“If you are not aggressive with the duels like you have done against Chelsea and in Paris there is no chance. You have to know it. There was one thing I didn’t like in Paris. Just one. After 2-0, we forget to do what we have to do.
“I know guys. In this stadium, I know especially the guys who want the ball and who doesn’t take the ball. And I will take a note, eh? Here in this stadium we have to improve. 90 minutes, 95 minutes. 95 minutes, 95 minutes. The strategies. The plan. We follow them convinced. The personality, what you have done all the time this season so far in every single day.”
Follow Us on Social media:
- Meet singles in oxnard and discover your perfect match
- Meet compatible lovers who share your values & interests
- Meet new people and also make friends in our lesbian bisexual chat room
- 10 Attractive Dating Profile Examples For Men
- Find the perfect chat team for you
- Pep Guardiola has ‘hope’ over Man City star fitness ahead of Nottingham Forest
- Getting Laid in Bangkok – the best places to choose and Date Girls