Shearer was debating with his fellow Match of the Day hosts, Ian Wright and Gary Lineker and he was the only person who didn’t choose Henry among the three of them. The trio were split on the Henry vs Aguero debate, with Wright and Linekar both backing the Arsenal legend.
‘Aguero is now coming up to his 32nd birthday and he’s still banging in the goals left, right and centre,’ the Newcastle great argued quoted by the Daily Mail.
‘I know he’s playing in a magnificent team but 180-odd goals, 260 appearances and look what he’s won also.
‘I love both of them, Thierry was different. The role now as a forward has slightly changed.
‘There’s not so many centre-forwards now, it’s a forward but the one constant is you have to score goals and both of them are not only great goalscorers but scorers of great goals.’
Henry scored 176 goals (in 258 games) for Arsenal and won two Premier League titles with Arsenal, however, Aguero overtake Henry’s strikes with 180 goals (in 261 games) and has won four titles with Pep Guardiola’s side and he is threatening Shearer’s record of the most goals scored in the competition and the Englishman has paid a special tribute to Manchester City’s star man.
Follow Us on Social media:
- (Need an FWB?) 10 most readily useful FWB web sites & Apps â DatingXP.co
- ‘Make them stronger’: Pundit tells Liverpool to raid Manchester City for £150,000-a-week player
- ‘Say no’ – Man City boss Pep Guardiola says players should take action over mounting fixture lists
- Pep Guardiola tells Jack Grealish he faces challenge to keep his Man City place
- Pep Guardiola issue injury update on three Man City players
- Micah Richards outlines how ‘outstanding’ Man City player’s development might be at risk
- ‘Should win this one’ – Paul Merson now makes Manchester City vs Wolves score prediction