One of the main talking points at Manchester City in recent days has been the position of Kalvin Phillips under manager Pep Guardiola.
Kalvin Phillips has failed to make a huge impact at Manchester City since his transfer from Leeds United in the summer of 2022.
Phillips was superb during his time at Leeds, but he has been a peripheral figure at City.
In fact, you could argue that the Citizens would have won the Premier League, the UEFA Champions League and the FA Cup last season without even having the England international midfielder in their squad.
According to talkSPORT pundit Darren Bent, Liverpool should try to sign Kalvin Phillips from Premier League rivals Manchester City.
The former Tottenham Hotspur striker has said on talkSPORT that if Liverpool have Kalvin Phillips in their midfield, then it would help Alexis Mac Allister play his natural game.
Football Transfers has reported that City are willing to sell Phillips in the January transfer window.
Guardiola assesses Phillips role
Speaking in his latest press conference ahead of Saturday’s match at Molineux, Guardiola had this to say about Phillips.
He said: “He has a chance like the other ones. He’s part of the group, an incredible contribution when he doesn’t play.
“I don’t have any complaints. Sometimes we look for something specific. If another team has the skills. Kalvin is a perfect one if the game is everything with the details he struggles more.
“Newcastle was tough, he was there, his physicality. He helped us to win against Forest.”
Looking back on the midweek defeat, Phillips had 128 touches of the ball in total, accurately completing 102 of the 111 passes he attempted.
In addition to that, the £150,000-a-week (Spotrac) England international made two tackles, one interception and one clearance.
Follow Us on Social media:
- Galatasaray considering shock January swoop for Man City summer signing and more transfer rumours
- Pundit says Pep Guardiola has been talking ‘rubbish’ about one Man City player
- ‘I really want to’… Mathҽus Nunes names Man City teammates hҽ tries to learn from
- Man City eyeing summer move for unhappy Saudi Pro League star and more transfer rumours
- Man City in advanced talks with MLS club over goalkeeper exit
- Paul Merson predicts who will win – Manchester City or Luton Town
- ‘We needed a shake’ – Guardiola warns Man City needed reality chҽck of winless run but rejects Gary Neville’s ‘complacency’ claim