Manchester City fans have been reacting to a post on Twitter which relays a report that claims Pep Guardiola has told the Club hierarchy that he will not consider allowing Joao Cancelo back into his squad next season.
Cancelo joined Bayern on loan during the January transfer window but the German club are unwilling to spend the £60million it would take to make the move permanent.
According to a report from the Daily Mirror, Guardiola has made it clear that he will not contemplate Joao Cancelo returning to his dressing room next year.
The Portuguese full-back is claimed to have caused ‘unrest’ after complaining about a lack of game time following the return from the World Cup.
The report suggest that Manchester City could look to make an audacious swap bid which involves Bayern Munich star Joshua Kimmich.
The report was shared on Twitter by City Xtra and it attracted plenty of attention from the club’s supporters.
@CityCookingOil1: “That’s the correct decision, Boss!”
@nwanneka_omeche: “Good decision from Pep, we can’t allow that problem in our club again”
@C4C_TUS: “Been waiting to hear this… let him go”
@YungHusband: “A player who puts himself ahead of the team should never represent the Club again. It’s that simple.”
@jacq_weh2: “Pep is goated. Absolute control over his dressing room. Doesn’t tolerate nonsense.”
@_iamoriel: “End of the road… IMO, the team played way better without him. And that sense of unity and togetherness is beyond obvious”
@RBCityzen: “Even if he come, he will not even play cups. Pep is ruthless when he’s done with a player.”
@freddfredricks: “Am 💯 with Pep on this not for me..I guess he must be hurting watching us play well and on the verge of making history just after he left”
@Thicc_Chungus17: “Sad how things turned out for him but it’s for the better.”
Follow Us on Social media:
- (Need an FWB?) 10 most readily useful FWB web sites & Apps â DatingXP.co
- ‘Make them stronger’: Pundit tells Liverpool to raid Manchester City for £150,000-a-week player
- ‘Say no’ – Man City boss Pep Guardiola says players should take action over mounting fixture lists
- Pep Guardiola tells Jack Grealish he faces challenge to keep his Man City place
- Pep Guardiola issue injury update on three Man City players
- Micah Richards outlines how ‘outstanding’ Man City player’s development might be at risk
- ‘Should win this one’ – Paul Merson now makes Manchester City vs Wolves score prediction