Carson initially joined City on a season-long loan in 2019 before the deal was extended the following summer.
In those two years, the goalkeeper made one appearance during a 4-3 win over Newcastle, while he was named as a substitute 30 times across all competitions.
However, despite featuring so little and being City’s clear third-choice goalkeeper, the Citizens offered Carson a permanent deal in the summer of 2021.
The Englishman agreed and signed a further extension last summer, keeping him with City for the remainder of the 2022/23 campaign.
Now, he has put pen to paper on another year extension, which will take his association with City to five years.
The news shared on Twitter gathered a number of replies from a wide range of Man City supporters.
@gcertifedd: “Great news he is huge for our dressing room, congrats Scotty.”
@Bruynepato: “He is the GOAT and all but Just name him as a goalkeeper coach already and give some kid in academy a chance”
@willcityzen99: “People tend to forget how important he is in the dressing room. He keeps the confidence and optimism high.”
@Scottyallen1009: “Absolutely stealing a living! What a guy.”
@ryandonohue15: “Best job in the world”
@NK_ESQ: “Well Deserved!”
@utdjamieee: “Bro has genuinely got the best job in football. fair play to him.”
Praising Carson’s professionalism, City Director of Football Txiki Begiristain told Carson that the club want him to maintain his high standards in training, and be ready in case he is needed for another appearance should Ederson or Stefan Ortega be unavailable.
“Scott is a real asset to our squad and enjoys a close working relationship with the goalkeepers and coaches,” Begiristain said.
“We’re very happy he has signed a contract extension. I look forward to seeing him support his teammates and train well to ensure he is ready to perform on the pitch when called upon.”
Carson said: “I’m excited to be staying at City for the 2023/24 season. I love working with Pep, Xabi Mancisidor [goalkeeping coach] and our incredible players every day. Hopefully I can help all of our goalkeepers be at their best.”
Follow Us on Social media:
- Man City charged by FA over players’ behaviour in Tottenham draw – as Erling Haaland learns fate
- ‘We are in big trouble’, ‘Huge blow!’ – Man City fans react to Jeremy Doku injury news
- Former referee offers verdict on controversial decision in Man City vs Tottenham
- ‘Absolute Joke’ – Man City fans react as Premier League make decision on referee Simon Hooper after costly blunder
- Could Erling Haaland face FA action for his furious outburst at Simon Hooper?
- ‘Lately we are struggling’ – Pep Guardiola gives honest verdict on Manchester City struggle
- Man City dealt double blow ahead of Aston Villa clash as Pep Guardiola makes ‘struggling’ admission