Manchester City fans have been reacting to a post on Twitter which relays a report that claims the club have shown an interest in Mason Mount.
The Premier League playmaker is facing an uncertain future having entered the last 18 months of his contract at Stamford Bridge and it’s been claimed that he’s joined forces with a new representative to try and secure a move elsewhere.
Doubts remain over the England international’s long-term Chelsea future, with his wage demands supposedly making things complicated for him at Stamford Bridge, according to journalist Florian Plettenberg.
Writing in the tweet below, Plettenberg explains that Mount is attracting interest from Manchester City and Liverpool as he supposedly asks for as much as €15million a year,
News #Mount: Talks about a new contract beyond 2024 are still very complicated. Chelsea is aware of the fact that Liverpool is pushing for him! #MCFC is also interested in signing him. Biggest problem: His salary demands! Understand that there are demands from around €5m to… pic.twitter.com/I0sTmFGEB9
— Florian Plettenberg (@Plettigoal) April 23, 2023
Mount, whose current £80,000 per-week contract expires in the summer of 2024, has reportedly rejected a new £200,000 wage as he wants a weekly salary of £250,000.
The 24-year-old’s refusal to pen terms may force the Stamford Bridge outfit to cash in on him this summer, with the west Londoners valuing the academy product at £70m.
The report shared on Twitter gathered a number of replies from a wide range of Man City supporters.
Tiki, get this done as soon as possible.
— Chidiebere (@nwuba_snr) April 23, 2023
@MesutGokhanCel1: “Yesss Sign Him!”
@Cristanldo7: “Bring him to City asap”
@Jaredll02: He’s shown he’s a great player just needs confidence.”
@itumelleeng: “What a perfect player for us. Pep can turn him into a world beater.”
@footy_JG10: “Pep could turn him into a scary good player man….”
@mcfcdvd: “So we in for Bellingham, Mount, Rice, Kovacic and this Spanish kid for Midfield, how many more we going to be in for.”
@_Grxv: “I still think we should go in for him, I feel like he could work really well if Bernardo were to leave. I have faith in Pep and the coaches to make him finally hit his true potential..”
Follow Us on Social media:
- (Need an FWB?) 10 most readily useful FWB web sites & Apps â DatingXP.co
- ‘Make them stronger’: Pundit tells Liverpool to raid Manchester City for £150,000-a-week player
- ‘Say no’ – Man City boss Pep Guardiola says players should take action over mounting fixture lists
- Pep Guardiola tells Jack Grealish he faces challenge to keep his Man City place
- Pep Guardiola issue injury update on three Man City players
- Micah Richards outlines how ‘outstanding’ Man City player’s development might be at risk
- ‘Should win this one’ – Paul Merson now makes Manchester City vs Wolves score prediction