Manchester City fans have been reacting to a post on Twitter which relays a report that claims Officials from the Etihad Stadium are ‘likely’ to top any bids for Jude Bellingham and appear prepared to help finance that deal with the potential sale of Bernardo Silva.
The England international is expected to be one of the most sought-after players in the summer transfer window, following a stellar spell with the Bundesliga giants and for Gareth Southgate’s England international side.
He is expected to secure himself a major transfer away from Dortmund this summer. He is under contract until 2025 so the German side are able to demand a huge fee for their prized asset.
Talk over Bellingham leaving Dortmund has been rumbling on for well over a year and it has consistently been reported that Liverpool and Real Madrid are the sides most likely to acquire the midfielder.
But The Telegraph are reporting that Manchester City are ‘likely to top’ any bid made for Jude Bellingham this summer, and ‘appear prepared’ to help finance a deal with the potential sale of Bernardo Silva – who has attracted interest from both Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain.
The same report also highlights the significant asking price that could be slapped on the negotiating tables with potential suitors, with the transfer fee for Bellingham believed to have been set at a minimum of €125 million.
The report was shared on Twitter by City Xtra and it attracted plenty of attention from the club’s supporters.
@citystims: “Damn a win and a loss at the same time.”
@Gundolorian: “Terrible move.”
@DavidGr00471175: “I’d rather keep Bernardo everyday”
@Emerald_mf: “Selling Bernardo to make up money for Jude Bellingham is a disaster. If possible keep Bernardo by all means, I hope we don’t regret this decision soonest.”
@IconicIlkay: “Don’t sell Bernardo unless he really wants to leave, and at that, 80m.”
@FavelaFIair: “Short term downgrade long term upgrade.”
@johnvsoccer: “That would be interesting. I’m a big Silva fan but such a move satisfies his desires for a new experience and City bring in an excellent young talent in Bellingham who is also very powerful and athletic. This type of player seems to be a new focus for City. With Diaz, Rodri, Grealish, Halaand, and Bellingham you’d have the makings of a very powerful unit..”
@D2588Ryan: “All the rumours seem to suggest the lad would prefer to go elsewhere, but is happy to come to us should others (LFC/RM) not be willing to pay the fee. Not sure how I feel about being second or even third choice”
Follow Us on Social media:
- Man City charged by FA over players’ behaviour in Tottenham draw – as Erling Haaland learns fate
- ‘We are in big trouble’, ‘Huge blow!’ – Man City fans react to Jeremy Doku injury news
- Former referee offers verdict on controversial decision in Man City vs Tottenham
- ‘Absolute Joke’ – Man City fans react as Premier League make decision on referee Simon Hooper after costly blunder
- Could Erling Haaland face FA action for his furious outburst at Simon Hooper?
- ‘Lately we are struggling’ – Pep Guardiola gives honest verdict on Manchester City struggle
- Man City dealt double blow ahead of Aston Villa clash as Pep Guardiola makes ‘struggling’ admission