The Wales under-17 international is touted to become a top player in the future and City have beaten several high-profile clubs to the goalkeeper’s signature.
Romano broke the news that City were chasing Benjamin on deadline day, but it now seems that a deal has been struck between the Premier League champions and Cardiff.
According to reporter Fabrizio Romano, Benjamin is undergoing a medical ahead of a move to the Premier League champions.
“Cardiff City talent Lewys Benjamin, undergoing medical tests and now set to sign with Manchester City as new Academy goalkeeper. ” Romano wrote on Twitter.
“Wales U17 international, Benjamin was on the list of many UK clubs but he said yes to the Man City project.”
It’s unlikely we’ll see Benjamin between the sticks in the Premier League any time soon, but the young shot-stopper certainly has a bright future ahead of him.
Benjamin will almost certainly be a player for the future and is likely to join the club’s youth team to develop further and he will hope to force his way into the first-team reckoning in the coming seasons.
Follow Us on Social media:
- Man City charged by FA over players’ behaviour in Tottenham draw – as Erling Haaland learns fate
- ‘We are in big trouble’, ‘Huge blow!’ – Man City fans react to Jeremy Doku injury news
- Former referee offers verdict on controversial decision in Man City vs Tottenham
- ‘Absolute Joke’ – Man City fans react as Premier League make decision on referee Simon Hooper after costly blunder
- Could Erling Haaland face FA action for his furious outburst at Simon Hooper?
- ‘Lately we are struggling’ – Pep Guardiola gives honest verdict on Manchester City struggle
- Man City dealt double blow ahead of Aston Villa clash as Pep Guardiola makes ‘struggling’ admission