With the two sides sitting in the top two spots in the Premier League, Manchester City play host to leaders Arsenal on Friday night in the FA Cup. It will be an interesting match, given the two sides are yet to meet in the 22-23 term.
Of course, there is the added spice of Mikel Arteta being Pep Guardiola’s previous assistant manager. That, and that Arsenal boast ex-Manchester City players OIeksandr Zinchenko and Gabriel Jesus – though the latter is injured.
Speaking ahead of the match, Mahrez gave his verdict of Arsenal. He says Arteta’s side are the best in England at the moment – given they sit at the top of the table. But he says Manchester City are used to having big competition.
“It is a challenge against a good team who are first in the league at the moment. They are the best team in the country at the moment. But they are coming to us on Friday, so let’s see what they can offer,” Mahrez said.
“I think they have been really good, but we are used it. Every year we have had a team [pushing us in the League]. It was Liverpool for four or five years and this year it is Arsenal. They are in front but there is still a long way to go.”
Arsenal are in excellent form. The Gunners have won 22 of their 27 games in all competitions this season. They come into their clash against the Premier League champions after a stunning 3-2 win over Manchester United.
Pep Guardiola’s side have recovered from two straight defeats to Manchester United and Southampton – with two wins over Wolves and Tottenham. Games in which Erling Haaland has scored four goals. All to play for, then.
Follow Us on Social media:
- Meet compatible lovers who share your values & interests
- Meet new people and also make friends in our lesbian bisexual chat room
- 10 Attractive Dating Profile Examples For Men
- Find the perfect chat team for you
- Pep Guardiola has ‘hope’ over Man City star fitness ahead of Nottingham Forest
- Getting Laid in Bangkok – the best places to choose and Date Girls
- Exploring the pros and cons of interracial dating