Grealish completed a £100m switch to the Etihad in August 2021 and secured a maiden Premier League title with victory against his former club on the final day of the 2021-22 season.
“With the Financial Fair Play pressure on Man City, there are talks in the industry that Jack Grealish may be the player that is sacrificed if they do decide to go in for Bellingham,” Dodge told the outlet.
“Aston Villa could look to bring Grealish back. It’s certainly a possibility and one that won’t be ruled out.”
The 27-cap England international has scored seven goals and assisted four in 55 games for the Citizens and contributed to 75 goals in 213 appearances for his hometown club before his big-money move.
It has been claimed that the Catalan club wants to secure the services of the German international from the Mancunian club next year.
Gundogan is enjoying a decent campaign at Manchester after producing a handful of impressive performances at the centre of Man City‘s midfield. The 32-year-old has found the back of the net twice and earned two assists in 20 matches for Pep Guardiola‘s side this season across various competitions.
His current contract at Man City will run out at the end of this campaign. Hence, Guardiola will have to consider selling him on the cheap this January rather than risk losing him for free next summer.
Follow Us on Social media:
- Man City charged by FA over players’ behaviour in Tottenham draw – as Erling Haaland learns fate
- ‘We are in big trouble’, ‘Huge blow!’ – Man City fans react to Jeremy Doku injury news
- Former referee offers verdict on controversial decision in Man City vs Tottenham
- ‘Absolute Joke’ – Man City fans react as Premier League make decision on referee Simon Hooper after costly blunder
- Could Erling Haaland face FA action for his furious outburst at Simon Hooper?
- ‘Lately we are struggling’ – Pep Guardiola gives honest verdict on Manchester City struggle
- Man City dealt double blow ahead of Aston Villa clash as Pep Guardiola makes ‘struggling’ admission