Starting one point ahead of Liverpool with a better goal difference by six, City came from 2-0 down to win 3-2 against Aston Villa as former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard failed to do his boyhood club the favour they so desired.
As the half time whistle sounded, City found themselves 1-0 down. In the dressing room, Guardiola gave the perfect speech to galvanise his players.
Footage of that team talk has now emerged courtesy of the latest episode of City’s ‘Together: Champions Again’ documentary and there’s no doubt that Guardiola absolutely nailed the perfect motivational speech.
“We’re going to go for it. Okay, guys?” Guardiola insisted as he stood before his dejected-looking players.
“It’s impossible to think about the consequences if we don’t win. It’s normal. It’s normal. But you have to be positive until the end.
“We need one goal. Then we will have the momentum and we will do it. I know you feel the pressure in the danger. It’s normal.
“We would not be here if we hadn’t been the best. You would not be. I know we are going to win it, but you have to handle in here [the mind] in a positive way.
“Find the quality, guys! You have enough. Okay? Allez,” a pumped-up Guardiola concluded, before clapping his hands and heading back towards pitchside.
— City Report (@cityreport_) September 8, 2022
This post gathered a number of replies from a wide range of Man City supporters, who were not shy in sharing their thoughts on the matter.
“We can never have a manager like him again .”
“A half time team talk from Pep a tactical genius with no mention of tactics. Just simple motivation and reinforcement of self belief”
“I always knew Pep has positive mental attitude otherwise he wouldn’t have achieved all that he’s achieved. We will again get to the UCL finals. I feel it inside. Good luck Pep and team. Let’s silence the critics.”
“He knew before everyone”
“An absolute winner. Elite mentality..”
“I don’t think I’ll ever see a manager that’s greater than him.”
“Positive until the end”
“This is why he’s the GOAT”
Follow Us on Social media:
- Man City charged by FA over players’ behaviour in Tottenham draw – as Erling Haaland learns fate
- ‘We are in big trouble’, ‘Huge blow!’ – Man City fans react to Jeremy Doku injury news
- Former referee offers verdict on controversial decision in Man City vs Tottenham
- ‘Absolute Joke’ – Man City fans react as Premier League make decision on referee Simon Hooper after costly blunder
- Could Erling Haaland face FA action for his furious outburst at Simon Hooper?
- ‘Lately we are struggling’ – Pep Guardiola gives honest verdict on Manchester City struggle
- Man City dealt double blow ahead of Aston Villa clash as Pep Guardiola makes ‘struggling’ admission