Despite enduring an unproductive start to the new season, the 22-year-old is currently part of a Sociedad squad which tops the La Liga table.
Having also recently signed a long-term contract with a £77m release clause, Isak appears most likely to spend the foreseeable future at the Anoeta Stadium.
Meanwhile, City failed to replace Sergio Aguero earlier this year, increasing the likelihood of a high-profile name arriving at the Etihad Stadium in 2022.
The Cityzens have been recently linked with big money moves for Harry Kane, Kylian Mbappe and Erling Haaland, but a move for either player could trigger a world record fee, with the Premier League club reportedly eyeing other options ahead of the 2022/23 season.
The report states that both Manchester clubs are prepared to meet the player’s release clause, which stands at 90 million euros after he signed an extension earlier this year.
City are keen on signing a new striker after failing to replace Sergio Aguero over the summer, despite chasing Harry Kane for the majority of the summer window.
Gabriel Jesus is now the club’s only senior centre forward, but Pep Guardiola’s side have still had more players score than any other side so far this term and don’t seem to be missing a striker whatsoever.
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘The right decision’… PL captain says 28-year-old was totally right to leave Manchester City
- Erling Haaland contract update: Manchester City ‘considering’ fresh approach
- ‘He Is Not Wrong’ ‘Common Knowledge’ – Fans React As Hazard Calls City Star The “Best Player” In The Premier League
- Pep Guardiola makes surprise admission regarding Manchester City’s defensive woes
- Graeme Souness admits he gets very irritated when he watches 28-year-old Man City attacker
- Thomas Muller names which club he’d rather support
- ‘He didn’t really fancy him’… Reporter suggests Pep Guardiola absolutely destroyed £42m Man City player