The Senegal international is expected to leave the club in the summer transfer window with various outlets in Italy reporting that he has allegedly made it clear to his Italian club that he is open to a move away ahead of the 2020-21 campaign.
Napoli are set to allow their star defender to leave if they receive a suitable offer and reports suggest both United and City are interested in securing his signature.
The report claims that the 20-time English champions are prepared to pay in the region of €80m (£71.5m) for the 29-year-old, who is also thought to be interesting Everton.
The Senegalese’s current deal with Gennaro Gattuso’s side runs until the end of the 2022-23 season.
Follow Us on Social media:
- (Need an FWB?) 10 most readily useful FWB web sites & Apps â DatingXP.co
- ‘Make them stronger’: Pundit tells Liverpool to raid Manchester City for £150,000-a-week player
- ‘Say no’ – Man City boss Pep Guardiola says players should take action over mounting fixture lists
- Pep Guardiola tells Jack Grealish he faces challenge to keep his Man City place
- Pep Guardiola issue injury update on three Man City players
- Micah Richards outlines how ‘outstanding’ Man City player’s development might be at risk
- ‘Should win this one’ – Paul Merson now makes Manchester City vs Wolves score prediction