Having fallen to a 1-0 defeat against Aston Villa in midweek, the Citizens are back in action on Sunday as they travel to Kenilworth Road to take on Luton.
Looking ahead to this game, one Merson has shared his thoughts on how it will go.
Written in his latest column for Sportskeeda where he previewed all of this weekend’s Premier League fixtures, Merson had this to say about City’s match against Luton.
He said: “Luton were amazing against Arsenal and scored three goals, but a late goal from Declan Rice buoyed the Gunners onto a crucial win.”
“That said, if they beat Manchester City, I think it’ll go down as the biggest shock in Premier League history and that’s no disrespect to Luton.
“Rodri is a huge miss. A handful of other players like Manuel Akanji and Rico Lewis have played in that position, but the Spanish midfielder is just different class.
” Manchester City are winless in four Premier League games, but I think they’ll win this one quite comfortably to put themselves back in contention for the title.”
Merson prediction: Luton Town 1-4 Manchester City
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘The right decision’… PL captain says 28-year-old was totally right to leave Manchester City
- Erling Haaland contract update: Manchester City ‘considering’ fresh approach
- ‘He Is Not Wrong’ ‘Common Knowledge’ – Fans React As Hazard Calls City Star The “Best Player” In The Premier League
- Pep Guardiola makes surprise admission regarding Manchester City’s defensive woes
- Graeme Souness admits he gets very irritated when he watches 28-year-old Man City attacker
- Thomas Muller names which club he’d rather support
- ‘He didn’t really fancy him’… Reporter suggests Pep Guardiola absolutely destroyed £42m Man City player