The 16-year-old has smashed a number of club and country records since emerging from the club’s youth categories in the spring.
In preseason, the youngster announced himself to the world with more of an impact when destroying Tottenham Hotspur almost single-handedly.
Barca were losing 2-1 when he entered the fray, but the right winger created three goals in 10 minutes with what was described as the best performance in the Joan Gamper since a certain Lionel Messi dismantled Juventus in 2005.
After seeing Yamal make his senior debut for Barcelona back in April, Xavi not only described the youngster as a “special” talent but also compared him to Lionel Messi in regards to his attacking quality in the final third of the pitch.
His performances have not gone unnoticed and ‘many clubs’ have picked up on him, including Manchester City it seems.
According to Sport Witness relay a report from journalist David Sanchez, Yamal was at the centre of a “serious situation” during the summer transfer window, with Manchester City attempting to sign the teenage forward.
The Journalist claims that the Premier League champions “went all out” to try and sign the 16-year-old, but were ultimately unsuccessful.
The nature of their bid or attempts isn’t mentioned but it is stated they did everything they could do to try and secure the youngster and lure him away from the Camp Nou.
City’s attempts to sign the Spaniard have reportedly led to a worsening in relations between the two clubs, with Barcelona claimed to be unhappy by the Blues’ interest in signing Yamal.
Moving forward, it’ll be interesting to see what the future holds for the youngster and if he ends up making a move away from Barcelona or not.
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘Make them stronger’: Pundit tells Liverpool to raid Manchester City for £150,000-a-week player
- ‘Say no’ – Man City boss Pep Guardiola says players should take action over mounting fixture lists
- Pep Guardiola tells Jack Grealish he faces challenge to keep his Man City place
- Pep Guardiola issue injury update on three Man City players
- Micah Richards outlines how ‘outstanding’ Man City player’s development might be at risk
- ‘Should win this one’ – Paul Merson now makes Manchester City vs Wolves score prediction
- De Bruyne, Stones, Bernardo – Man City injury news and return dates ahead of Wolves clash