Heaping the pressure on Jurgen Klopp, Manchester City, who welcomed the Reds to the Etihad for last Saturday’s early Premier League kick-off, ran out convincing winners.
Even though the home side fell behind following a first-half strike against the run of play from Mo Salah, it didn’t take long for the defending champions to find their stride and put Liverpool to the sword.
It was the latter who has earned the praise of Shearer though with the Premier League’s all-time top goalscorer admitting the former Aston Villa winger ‘looks right at home in a Man City shirt now’.
Speaking to the Premier League and going on to highlight how much of a torrid time Grealish gave Liverpool and England full-back Trent Alexander-Arnold, Shearer said: “He tied Trent Alexander-Arnold in knots. Grealish looks right at home in a Manchester City shirt now and his run back to stop Mohamed Salah shows why Guardiola loves him.”
Since his mega-money £100m move from Villa to City in 2021, Grealish, who has four years left on his deal, has gone on to score 10 goals and provide a further 12 assists in 76 matches in all competitions.
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘Make them stronger’: Pundit tells Liverpool to raid Manchester City for £150,000-a-week player
- ‘Say no’ – Man City boss Pep Guardiola says players should take action over mounting fixture lists
- Pep Guardiola tells Jack Grealish he faces challenge to keep his Man City place
- Pep Guardiola issue injury update on three Man City players
- Micah Richards outlines how ‘outstanding’ Man City player’s development might be at risk
- ‘Should win this one’ – Paul Merson now makes Manchester City vs Wolves score prediction
- De Bruyne, Stones, Bernardo – Man City injury news and return dates ahead of Wolves clash