City have been heavily linked with a move for the Dortmund’s striker this summer and will have to beat off competition from the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Juventus among others for his signature.
The Norway International looks to set to leave Dortmund this summer after his father, Alf-Inge Haaland, and agent, Mino Raiola, were spotted in Spain earleir this month.
RAC1 later revealed that Haaland’s father and his agent had made a series of eye-watering demands to Barcelona, but Raiola reacted just hours after the reports via social media labelling it as ‘fake’.
Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, who is currently the world’s highest paid footballer is on a reported £500,00-a-week AFTER tax, with stoppages as much as £200,000-a-week.
Erling Haaland, who has now gone 495 minutes since he last scored a goal for club or country would be a dream signing for City to replace Sergio Aguero, who is leaving the Etihad Stadium when his contract expires this summer.
But Pep Guardiola had described the prospect of another record breaking transfer in the close season as “impossible”, though he later softened that stance by claiming a 100 million-pound signing was possible.
It remains to be seen where Haaland will end up if he does move on from Dortmund this summer.
Follow Us on Social media:
- ‘United really parked the bus’ – How social media reacted as Man City dominate United in 3-1 win
- ‘Startling’… Gary Neville left stunned after what 23-year-old Manchester City player did in today’s derby
- Gary Lineker gives reaction to Erling Haaland miss for Manchester City against Manchester United
- Paul Merson says Phil Foden now gets in any team in the world, after 3-1 win over Man United
- ‘Cold as ice’… Gary Neville left stunned by just how good £225,000-a-week Man City player was vs Man United
- Dion Dublin says £43m player led Man City to victory against Man United
- Pep Guardiola proudly states 23-year-old Man City star has been the player of the season